I have clearprog install from SecretmakerV.4.2.3; any sugges

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 20.01.2006, 14:44

<font size=2>Hello, I hope my English not confusing to anyone. Sorry cannot speak German(de).<br><br>My question is: anybody know of a better clearprog version to use with secretmaker? My clearprog takes over 4 minutes sometimes to finish clearing prog residue upon startup. Too long to wait! The Icon does not respond when in tray, and there is no controls, (except option to add custom parameters). Is this forum familiar with secretmaker performance using (what version of clearprog is in version 4.2.3 Secretmaker?) clearprog? Any updates for me in clearprog? Suggested parameters to add for performance (faster start-up, less freeze-ups,better at finding temp files by modifications of clearprog). My clearprog does not even clean my temp file! <br><br>Maybe someone understands me, and knows what I speak of with these issues. I need help, and I will post this in Secretmaker forum too. Thank you for your time and for English area in your forum! Any answers that require downloading or text (white paper) I will require that hyperlinks offered be written in English (or at least step by step instructions be written in English if hyperlinks get offered in German so that I can understand what it is for and how to navigate.<br><br>~peace,love,and understanding (with respect)~~> *Douglas* (in sunny Santa Barbara,California) 8) XP home SP2 Gateway dual <a href="mailto:processor@2.8Gb">processor@2.8Gb</a>, 512 Ram<br> </font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 20.01.2006, 18:13

<font size=2>The time to to erase data strongly depends on the mass. If you delete e.g. 1,5 GB data, it's normal, that ClearProg needs more time.<br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>My clearprog does not even clean my temp file! </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Some files in the Temp folder are protected by Windows, and you cannot delete them. Make sure you running the latest version of Clearprog and check "System Temp" Folder and "User Temp" folder, too. <br><br>Do you have administrator rights?<br><br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>Gateway dual <a href="mailto:processor@2.8Gb">processor@2.8Gb</a>, 512 Ram</font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>The time, wich is needed to delete data is independed from you RAM and CPU. Maybe a fast HDD drive or a RAID controller speeds up the process, just maybe. :wink:<br>The more data to erase the more time ClearProg needs.<br><br>I'm not able to reproduce hanging. On wich files ClearProg freezes on you system, please provide steps to reproduce.<br><br>regards,<br>Chris<br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 20.01.2006 18:15</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.01.2006, 08:21

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>Some files in the Temp folder are protected by Windows, and you cannot delete them. Make sure you running the latest version of Clearprog and check "System Temp" Folder and "User Temp" folder, too. <br> </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Thanks Chris for quick reply! My Clearprog is integrated into that version of Secretmaker, so for some reason the version of Clearprog is "hidden" by SM Team in design. I was unsure your relationship with Team SM, and was hoping you would know what version of Clearprog is being used by Secretmaker "version 4.2.3". If you and Team Clearprog are unfamiliar with Secretmaker's use of Clearprog in their product, then I hope I have not caused problems (legal copyrights) by asking this question. It was my sincere hope that Team Clearprog and Team Secretmaker are close friends and business associates. I do not want to start any legal troubles just by asking this question :shock: Is it possible for you to find out what version of Clearprog is being used within SM v. 4.2.3 so that you can better answer my questions......or should I ask this only on the Secretmaker Forum? I will ask on their forum if you are unfamiliar with intergrated Clearprog/Secretmaker re:what version of Clearprog. Yet it is unlikely that your team will know the optimal settings for use with SM if I am the only one asking these question or if you are unfamiliar with how SM v. 4.2.3 performs. Please let me know of your teams experience in this area....if any. Asking these same questions on the SM forum will get me flamed (they will flame me for implying they do not know what they are doing). This is why I came to your forum to get the optimal settings and version that will work integrated within their software. It is illegal for me to reverse engineer, and I am not anywhere near being that high level of user/programmer. In fact I am not a programmer.<br><br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>Do you have administrator rights? <br><br><br><br>The time, wich is needed to delete data is independed from you RAM and CPU. Maybe a fast HDD drive or a RAID controller speeds up the process, just maybe. <br>The more data to erase the more time ClearProg needs. <br><br>I'm not able to reproduce hanging. On wich files ClearProg freezes on you system, please provide steps to reproduce </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br><br>Yes, I have admin rights.(Please elaborate as to why this question?) And(thank you), good point RE: being independant of RAM and CPU. And RE: the fast HD / RAID; I am not using RAID, yet I will be adding/updating my hard drive with two more HD. I will report to you the results!<br><br>~peace,love,and respect~ *Douglas* in sunny Santa Barbara 8) <br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.01.2006, 08:51

<font size=2>Sorry Chris, (I hope I am hitting the correct buttons, they are not written in English yet) but I forgot to answer question on how to reproduce the "hang". I was hoping I was pushing a "preview" button so did not get that answer into the previous box frame.<br><br>To reproduce the hang, you would have to install that particular version (although other versions were even slower in RE: to Clearprog/SM) of Secretmaker, as it has Clearprog integrated into it. Still with all versions of SM, the Clearprog icon does absolutely nothing when clicked (right, left, or double either) or on a mouseover. This is why I came to your site, thinking why not go to the main source for these answers. If you want to do this, then I will send to you a copy of my Belarc Advisor readout of current installations so your test PC can run the exact configuration. Since Belarc Advisor has info to steal my identity and hack my PC, I would need to send to by PM, or actually to your securest personal e-mail. This would be the most scientificly pure way to reproduce the hang.<br><br>~peace,love,respect~ *Douglas* in SB,CA,USA 8) :roll: <br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 21.01.2006, 10:06

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> It was my sincere hope that Team Clearprog and Team Secretmaker are close friends and business associates. </font></td></tr></table></blockquote>Douglas,<br>Freeware - what a heck of a business plan :mryellow: <br><br>Have you tried ClearProg from this site on its own? - Then we all would know about the exact version<br>in question and had a better starting point to pinpoint the cause for the hang you are seeing.<br><br>Just go to the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.clearprog.de/downloads.php">downloads page</a> and select the latest version. <br>If and only if you are using Firefox 1.5 then the new <a target="_blank" href="http://www.clearprog.de/filedl/ClearPro ... .zip">beta 7a</a> is for you.<br>Unpack the .zip to a directory of your choice and you are ready to run ClearProg.exe.<br><br>Happy testing!<br><br>regards Armin<br> </font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 21.01.2006, 16:27

<font size=2>I'm not able to say, wich version is bundled with Secret Maker. Try the stand alone version of ClearProg, so you can get much better support within theses forums. :wink:<br><br>Run ClearProg and check on wich options the program hangs. Also you can activate Extras -> Logfile -> Write Error-Logfile, send me the text file via mail @ <a href="mailto:chris-mail@gmx.de">chris-mail@gmx.de</a><br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> Yes, I have admin rights.(Please elaborate as to why this question?)</font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Some files and folders are just delatable with admin rights, I guess the system temp folder is affected.<br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> Sorry Chris, (I hope I am hitting the correct buttons, they are not written in English yet) </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>No problem. A brand new phpbb2 forum and a stylesheet would allow switching the language of the forum. I guess the administrator will kill me, if I would make a request for this. :wink:<br><br>regards,<br>Chris<br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 21.01.2006 16:28</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Sven H
Administrator
Beitrag von Sven H » 23.01.2006, 08:25

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>No problem. A brand new phpbb2 forum and a stylesheet would allow switching the language of the forum. I guess the administrator will kill me, if I would make a request for this. <br> </font></td></tr></table></blockquote> Oh yes, at this time i have no time for a new forum. If i had any more time i would work at a new version of cp. :wink: <br><br><br>Greets Sven<br> </font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2></font><br>

Mindblower
Anfänger

Beitrag von Mindblower » 16.02.2006, 17:47

<font size=2>Secretmaker v4.2.7 uses version 1.4.2 Beta 6 of ClearProg. I personally use v1.4.2 Beta 7 and find it very reliable, Mindblower!<br><br>Moderator and Site Admin at <a target="_blank" href="http://forum.Secretmaker.com">http://forum.Secretmaker.com</a><br> </font>

Antworten