Windows Log Plugin & Prefetch Plugin

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

greyowl
Fortgeschrittener User

Windows Log Plugin & Prefetch Plugin

Beitrag von greyowl » 03.12.2008, 19:00

I am wondering about the parameters of the Windows Log Plugin. I notice that after clearing, it is inactive for 7 days. Does this mean that it only clears items that are at least 7 days old.

I notice the same is true for the Windows Prefetch Plugin. So, does it only clear the older items

Armin
Forum-Gott

Re: Windows Log Plugin & Prefetch Plugin

Beitrag von Armin » 03.12.2008, 19:50

greyowl hat geschrieben:Does this mean that it only clears items that are at least 7 days old.
The interval=7 parameter in the plugin files controls the frequency of operation (in days). Since it may be used for any kind of plugin-action it has nothing to do with the age of files to be cleaned.
When the plugin is run for the first time, ClearProg adds the date and time of execution in a line right below the corresponding interval= statement:

Code: Alles auswählen

Interval=7
Last=02.12.2008 15:16:27
In this example ClearProg will not execute the plugin again before December 9th.

greyowl
Fortgeschrittener User

Beitrag von greyowl » 03.12.2008, 22:15

Thanks for the explanation.

What is the reason for this parameter?

Does it apply to all plugins or just the ones that I noticed?

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 03.12.2008, 23:27

greyowl hat geschrieben:Does it apply to all plugins or just the ones that I noticed?
Let's do the easy one first ;) Yes, it is a general parameter. You may add it to any plugin you like.
greyowl hat geschrieben:What is the reason for this parameter?
It gives you some control over the frequency a certain cleaning action is performed by (or with? - arrgh! - prepositions are the non-native speaker's nightmare).

imho the advantage of ClearProg over every other "Cleaner" program in the market that I have tested so far is the plugin feature.
Suppose you would like ClearProg to do some house-keeping chores like deleting all the .bak files or anything - but you wouldn't want it to do it every single time you run it.
In comes the Interval= parameter. Here you can set a delay until the next execution - alas, the granularity for the delay is one day.

greyowl
Fortgeschrittener User

Beitrag von greyowl » 06.12.2008, 01:07

I appreciate your explanation. Now it is clear.

Antworten